Exploring Puerto Rico

Exploring Puerto Rico
At Cafe Puerto Rico in Old San Juan

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gone fishy!

In my quest to have more aquatic goodies, I tried to make a quick and easy salmon fish cake. And I emphasize quick and easy! Now, don't get too excited about my aquatic endeavors as hubby is coming back tomorrow and that's the end of that quest!

Salmon Fish Cakes

Ingredients (makes 6)
-- One small salmon can
-- One idaho potato
-- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
-- 1 Tbsp harissa
-- 1/2 cup panko (bread crumbs)
-- Salt & freshly cracked pepper

1. Peel, dice and boil the potato till mushy. Mash in a bowl.
2. Throw in the salmon from the can after throwing the water that was in the can.
3. Add in the mayo, harissa, panko, salt and pepper.
4. Do not overmix. Form into small shapes and put on a hot pan on the stove with a little olive oil over medium high heat. After 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes.

I served mine with a quick stir fry of bok choy, garlic and black bean sauce. You can tell I have a lot of bok choy at home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment